Have you ever wanted to understand the mysteries of our Universe? Are you a sky and space lover? Or you would just like to get familiar with the night sky? Then our astronomy classes are for you!
The classes are given by an astrophysicist. You will learn and understand the history and evolution of the Universe. Take a journey from the Earth to the limits of the Universe and discover the beauty of the night sky.
- 1.History of astronomy (from Hipparcos to Hawking)
- 2.The solar system (planets and objects from our solar system)
- 3.The Earth in the solar system (seasons, eclipses, Moon-Earth system)
- 4.The constellations (présentation, mythology, how to find them)
- 5.Galaxies (the milky way and its neighbours, formation and évolution)
- 6.The night sky objects (star clusters, nebula)
- 7.Astronomy instruments (telescopes, mounts)
- 8.The invisible sky (UV, infrared, radio astronomy)
- 9.What type of astronomer are you? (observer, drawer, photographer)
- 10.Visit to the Geneva Observatory
All public, from 16 years old
The objective is to give a basic knowledge of astronomy and astrophysics, to discover our Universe and to understand the most common phenomenoms and astronomical objects that we can observe in the night sky.